Live Event Information
Saturday, April 24, 2021, 8 am.
We are optimistic and excited to announce that after much consideration and tireless discussion with local officials and with respect to the current COVID-19 guidelines, Get In Gear has been given permission to offer a limited in-person version of the 10K for 2021.
If you wish to register for the 2021 GIG 10K in person event, or transfer your existing virtual registration to in person running, here is what you need to know:
- Masks will be required to be worn at all times with the exception of once runners start they may remove while running but must be put on right after the finish line. Further guidelines regarding mask wearing and social distancing protocol will be emailed to registrants and available on our website
- COVID-19 preparation plans will be in place on race morning
- Wave assignment protocol, packet pickup, and race day details will be e-mailed to all registrants and available on the GIG website
- The event will be held on the Minneapolis and St. Paul parkway paths only, from start to finish with official traffic management where appropriate
- The 10K will not be a certified distance course but will be timed and scored as a race with age group results
- There will be no prize money but we will award overall
- There is a limit of 750 new registrations accepted. 250 registrations will be allocated for current virtual registrants who wish to transfer to the in person event
- Waves of assigned groups of runners all socially distanced, will be sent out in timed increments for each larger group of 250. There will be no more than four groups of 250 allowed to fulfil the 1000 maximum registration requirement
GIG is committed to putting on a safe event and with the lessons of 2020 is prepared to pivot if unexpected circumstances arise with appropriate notifications and refunds as the situation presents.
Transferring to the Live Event
For those participants that are registered for the virtual event and wish to transfer to the live event, there is a block of registrations set aside for you; the transfer cost is $10.
Follow the instructions from the Race Roster: How do I transfer my registration? article to transfer to the live event. You will receive an email stating you were “removed from event” (the virtual event you transferred from).
New Registrations for the Live Event
There is a block of new registrations available for those that did not register for the virtual event. The cost is $50.
COVID-19 waiver for Participants
All participants of the live 10K event will need to accept the COVID-19 waiver during Race Roster upgrade or registration. A copy of the waiver is displayed below for review:
By signing below, I acknowledge that I understand the inherent risks associated with the exposure to COVID-19 and am voluntarily assuming such risks in order to participate in the Get in Gear in person 10K. I hereby release and waive, and further agree to indemnify, hold harmless, or reimburse Get in Gear, Inc. and its individual committee/board members, agents, employees and representatives, from and against any claim which I or any other party may have or claim to have, for any losses, damages or injuries arising out of or relating to exposure to COVID-19 in connection with my participating in the Get in Gear 10K in person race.
I certify that I will comply with any applicable Executive Order from the Governor of Minnesota regarding participating in the Get in Gear race.
I understand that if I display any of the symptoms of COVID-19 I am NOT to participate in the Get in Gear 10K race.